As women, we often prioritize taking care of others before ourselves. However, it’s important to remember that self-care is not selfish, it’s necessary for our overall well-being. In this blog post, we’ve compiled 207 of the best self care tips for women to prioritize their mental, physical, and emotional health.
Table of Contents
What is Self Care Routine
A self-care routine is a set of practices you do regularly to take care of your physical, mental, and emotional well-being. It’s like giving yourself a little TLC every day to help you feel your best.
There’s no one-size-fits-all self-care routine, because what works for one person might not work for another. The key is to find activities that you enjoy and that make you feel good.
It can include activities such as exercise, meditation, reading, and spending time with loved ones . Everyone’s self-care routine will look different, as it should be tailored to meet individual needs. It is essential to take time to prioritize self-care to prevent burnout and promote overall wellness
Top 10 Self Care Tips
- Invest in yourself.
- Be kind to yourself.
- Envision what you want and work for it.
- If they wanted they would! Live by this.
- Practice your love languages on yourself first.
- Don’t have a baby unless you are prepared mentally.
- Don’t repay evil for evil. Choose peace over arguments.
- Know when to leave a space if it’s no longer serving you.
- Be ready to let people go, no matter what they mean to you.
- Set boundaries coz people will treat you how you allow them.
- Always be confident. Apply for jobs, and opportunities, even if you’re not very qualified. Confidence is everything. I have seen it work, so trust me girl.
- Prioritize raising your younger self the way she’d have wanted to grow up😌helps heal childhood trauma in so many ways.
Best Self Care Tips
- Heal yourself.
- No situation is permanent.
- Being alone is not being lonely.
- If you won’t wear it don’t buy it.
- Always leave quietly closure is an illusion.
- Love being alone, you realize a lot about yourself.
- Don’t tell people your plans until you see the results.
- Be comfortable in being alone! It helps you avoid unnecessary drama!
- Don’t push it till tomorrow when tomorrow isn’t even promised in itself. Do it today, start it now.
- Preparation attracts Provision. Get that Passport ready. Get that driving License. Drop that CV
- The 5 by 5 rule. If it won’t matter in 5 years don’t let it upset you for more than 5 minutes.
- People don’t pay much attention to your insecurities until you point them out yourself. Be confident and you’ll see.
- Get close to God always create time you talk to God at the beginning of something, middle, and end of something. Good or bad doesn’t matter. Always involve God and watch your life change
- Speak Swahili for better prices and English for better services.
- Don’t stalk any girls he talks about, ignore it. Because it triggers you into a spiral of comparison and you will find yourself stalking her years after you break up with him.
- Get a gratitude jar, write your victories on pieces of paper, and put them in the jar. When you face challenges take them out, read them, it helps.
Self Care Challenge Ideas
- Invest in your knowledge and travel more often.
- Be prayerful! you will find peace and overcome a lot.
- As a girl always make sure you have your own money! Free money comes with mad disrespect.
- Apply Vaseline first if you have a sticky lip gloss it won’t be sticky.
- Go celibate intentionally for atleast a year it changes how you view men and your standards.
- Apply to that job, start that business, pitch that idea. Whatever moves your career and finances forward, do it
- Some things end so other good things can begin. Cut off that toxic person. “When the time is right I the Lord will make it happen.” Never be scared to make fresh starts.
- When borrowed money, only give out what you are willing to loose. The disappointment will be easier to handle.
- Never cry about the same thing twice. Mastering the art of fresh starts.
- If you have large piles of laundry, section them into tops aside, dresses, trousers, etc then do the laundry on different days and fold on different days. It helps if you are being overwhelmed by the large piles of laundry.
- Find a fun way to move your body and exercising won’t feel like a punishment. Doesn’t have to be what everyone else is doing.
- Learn what you can and what you can’t control. It eases anxiety. If it’s beyond your control, let it not stress you.
- Don’t go throwing shade at your fellow girlies’ bodies, remember you’ll also be a mother one day.
Self Care Tips for Women
- If you wear something that you’re comfortable in, be confident enough when outside. It starts right in your head. being comfortable in your body and dressing according to your liking gives you mad confidence.
- Buy clothes until you can finally get to know what looks good on you/your style.
- Research, research, research because the world is a terrible place with no knowledge.
- Prioritize your education, take those short certification courses to gain more skills, and have your own money. Work on you girlies and love yourself. The energy you give will definitely attract the right people. Take your books seriously too.
- You will never get enough money for what you wanna do for yourself. Start with one step with the little money you have. Them baby steps go a long way.
- invest in yourself; dress well, smell nice, skincare, NAILSSS! Always have your nails done.
- Don’t wait for someone to tell you twice they do not want you, the first is always enough.
- Don’t stoop low because of a man. You’re precious, let me tell you. PRECIOUS. This is not feminism, I just know as females we Deserve too.
- Yass girl focus on you, look good, feel confident you’ll definitely attract instead of chasing, be it money, friends, a good life, name them.
- Use styling gel with water to avoid flaking. After you’re done applying gel, wet your hands and run them on your hair.
- Always see yourself as the most important person in the room. This doesn’t mean you disrespect others, just move around like you are it! It surprises me how much easier life is when you are confident.
- If you have to pay in installments, you can’t afford it! Don’t buy it!
- At the end of your day, have time for yourself to review events that have occurred. Journal, write about what you’ve felt and achieved, and always reward yourself for the little achievements.
- When you’re too tired or too hopeless or too low to pray, read Psalms 100. Give Him thanks.
- That short skirt, those heels, the fancy dress, girl wear it all. Don’t wait for a special occasion
Self Care Ideas List
- Listen to podcasts in the morning as you prepare to slay the day. RE: VT podcast, Ideas that matter & IRIP. Thank me later. And also self-help books to get you in the right mindset. To my sisters, Hidden Brain podcast, TMI
- Spend some time alone to find out what type of altar resides in your femininity, your greatest power.
- No food past 8 pm, no food before noon. Your physical appearance will thank you later. Take green tea when you wake up, it will curb your appetite and drink lots of water.
- First thing in the morning, remember to stretch your body, tap it all around with your hands, and jump, it activates your body allowing energy to flow well.
- If you’re in a relationship where you feel your needs are inconsistently met and you always have to ask for it, communicate and set things straight with him. If he still doesn’t act right, just leave.
- My life hack and probably the most painful….. Heal babe not for them…for you❣️❣️best thing you’d have done for yourself.
- Always have a day in a week when you fast and pray, even at work, go out and pray silently at lunchtime. Either fasting or practicing gratitude; doors open.
- Do you the world can adjust.
- You see how they treat you, that’s exactly how they feel about you.
- Leave, even if you think you can’t force yourself to leave. It’s better than suffering in someone’s hands.
- If he doesn’t care about what he ingests or rather lacks discipline in the little aspects of life, guess who is not going to be taken seriously? Exactly.
- Whatever it is that you want to do, just start 💕procrastination should never get the best of us.
- Detaching before the toxic stage. fall out of love before you leave. It will be easier to heal.
- Always trust your instincts and your gut feeling. They are your inner guide.
- If mixing the pancake paste is troublesome, try mixing all the ingredients in a blender and blending.
- Hold yourself accountable for everything you do. You will find it easier to deal with the consequences of your actions.
- You don’t have to pressure yourself to read self-help books if they feel boring, you can just look up summaries of the book and apply the principles.
- That sugar you’re taking is the reason behind your acne and a big tummy but no doctor will tell you this. ditch sugar.
- Whatever pain you endure is nothing compared to the joy that’s coming, so far this is what is pushing me.
- Your relationship with God is very important there is so much peace in being prayerful.
- Going by this mantra: Things don’t happen to me, they happen for me. So when something doesn’t happen, it wasn’t mine
- Good hair, a good bag, and good shoes. Those three will change your whole look and coconut oil on your panty liner or tampon when having yeast infections.
- Leave alone first before getting married. that personal space is very important.
- Don’t keep blaming others for your traumas, heal your traumas coz no one is coming to rescue you from them… be the change.
- It’s okay to cut off your family members too if they are toxic.
- Hula hooping with a weighted hula hoop is a full body work-out 😊 plus its fun
- When you’re bloated take tonic water and soda water, you’ll find tonic water in any liquor store. Schweppes tonic water and Schweppes soda water are available in supermarkets, soft drinks aisle.
- Avoid scented products on your face especially if your face is sensitive.
- Don’t take anything personally, especially when someone treats you badly. It’s just a projection and it will be easier and weigh less on you.
- If you go outfit shopping and the dress doesn’t fit you, don’t beat yourself up, there’s always another store with your size.
- Don’t forget to exercise for mental health.
- Go to the places you love and you will meet people who like and enjoy what you like.
- Put in a lot of effort to get over imposter syndrome, you can do so much so don’t limit yourself.
- Boundaries! Boundaries! Is everything. Set them always!
- Stay around people with the same energy.
Life Hacks For Self Care
- Master the art of composure.
- Invest in a skincare routine that you can afford at the moment.
- Have your own back, no matter what. Self-love should be at its peak, before you love anyone else, especially men, and always CHOOSE YOURSELF.
- If you have acne don’t use any soap while showering, just water till you find the best soap that suits you. Rice soap and Bamboo black soap work well.
- invest in yourself despite societal norms. You want a BBL? Get it. You want your skin lightened? Get it. It’s no use being miserable in your own body.
- Don’t allow anyone to disrespect you, just be you, work smart, walk smart, dress smart.
- Always love yourself more than you desire to be loved.
- People will always have a lot to say about you and that’s their perspective. Make your own perspective always the loud one for sure.
- No one owes you anything but you owe yourself everything.
- If you mix cleanser(cera ve preferably) and baking powder and use it as a mask, it clears blemishes on your face.
- Leave at the first slightest sign of disrespect.
- Drink cranberry juice to prevent UTIs, also drink diluted apple cider vinegar to help with a yeast infection.
- Going thrifting and looking at myself in the mirror whenever I don’t feel okay to remind myself how pretty I am.
- Living the moment. 20 years from now, you’d give anything to have the body, energy, and time you have now. So, wear that bikini you’re scared to wear, take that trip, etc.
- Learn to forgive yourself it was a lesson not a life sentence.
Women Self Care Tips
- Stop giving so much of yourself to everyone. Take a break hun, it’s time you put yourself first cause nobody will.
- Always take yourself out for solo dates or with a friend at least twice per month ♥️
- If you have garlic smell stuck in your hands after cooking, touch stainless steel, like your sink. It takes the smell away.
- Imagine your best self, then show UP as HER!
- Self-love is self-improvement.
- Never move without consulting God even on the tiniest of details, ask for directions, insight, protection, and Favour.
- Am learning to say no and I stopped people pleasing. My life has been better coz what’s the worst they can do if you said no?
- Soaking cloves for a day and then use the water to spray your scalp thrice a week reduces dandruff.
- Finding it hard to save coz of endless bills? As soon as there’s money in, save 10-20% first before spending. Consider it paying yourself. 🥰Try it for 1yr without withdrawing.
- Allow your femininity domain every day, What a man can do a woman can not do better, but she can do it easily coz women are born to work smart.
- If they don’t want you in their lives, move on. God created you to live your life not being people’s pleaser.
- Don’t pour into cups that leave your’s empty.
- Ignore those who try to bring you down, stay positive and find your ‘spirituality’👌, you’ll like it there I swear.
- Rejection is protection.
- Shave your legs using hair conditioner.
Easy Self Care Tips
- Seek self-validation first, get time to be self-aware, love yourself, be keen with who you allow to be in your circle, and prioritize yourself.
- Get you castor oil and apply it on that navel each night. Helps with digestion, reduces bloating and reduces menstrual cramping.
- Never had a sense of fashion and I needed to step up my dressing in both corporate and casual wear. Research has helped me a lot girl. First I google my body type and what fits me then I go for random shopping sprees, no shop charges for trying outfits.
- It takes you to do you. You don’t need any books or a therapist to leave that toxic relationship or addiction. You just need you.
- Exfoliating while taking a shower and then applying body oil will make your skin so smooth.
- You have no idea how many people look at you in admiration even when you feel like you’re not doing/good enough. Love yours.
- Chose you always. Never give your whole, people can easily betray you in any given circumstance. Never brag about a man and never give your all. Stay woke. Focus on self-growth.
- This vehicle called life only moves forward. Learn to leave the past exactly where it is, the future is beautiful and all we can do with the past is learn from it.
- Cleaning as you go, everywhere. It helps with the anxiety you get whenever you see dirty dishes or surfaces.
- A MUST DO! Always apply Vaseline on your eyebrows and lips before you hit the sheets.
- For acne and pimples, cut a clean piece of potato and scrub it all over your face. Follow with tomato.
- You are what you look for in this world♥️
- Luck is when opportunity meets preparation. Stay prepared.
- Invest in good quality cotton undies.
- Avoid douching.
Good Self Care Tips
- Always apply your sunscreen.
- Live in your truth, connecting and nourishing your life. Live your life no matter what people may say, embodying your innermost truth and your heart desires, and know your worth.
- Dressing up doesn’t have to be expensive, smelling good improves your confidence among people.
- Practice breathing exercises every evening before bed and I mean deep breaths. Count to 4 when breathing in, hold for 4 seconds then exhale through the mouth. It’s really a game changer for better sleep, less anxiety, and many other body discomforts.
- Drinking ginger and lemon warm water will make your skin tighter and smoother, at least drink 3-4 times in a week.
- Be grateful, it unlocks a lot in this universe.
- If you struggle with sleep take drinking chocolate.
- Add Rose water to your daily skincare.
- Surround yourself with people who bring out the best version of you.
- Be self-disciplined, and always prioritize what adds value to you/what’s important to your social life.
- Work on yourself, your health, habits, hit the gym, eat right, and good things and people will come your way.
- It all starts with you love, you teach people on how to treat you❤️
- Avoid relations with extremely insecure people it is infectious.
- Learn to affirm yourself.
- Massage your scalp with vinegar after a wash, then rinse it off. you’ll no longer get dandruff or itchy scalp.
Daily Self Care Tips
- Loving yourself more ain’t selfish but necessary you can’t pour from an empty glass siz❤️
- To avoid bad breath just take two tablespoons of hydrogen peroxide and dilute in a glass of water then rinse your mouth after brushing.
- Apply turmeric honey mask, thank me later.
- Go heavy on boundaries, no matter who is on the other side.
- Challenge God by leaving all your troubles to Him, trust me, it works magic.
- For cramps try cloves.
- Love bombing is a big red flag don’t fall for it.
- Avoid “transactional friendship”.
- Master detachment.
- Learn to walk away from arguments.
- If you are in a public place or a vehicle and you notice someone giving you mean looks or staring at you for too long either because of your choice of makeup or dressing, don’t feel intimidated. Instead, smile at them and say ‘hi or hello’. Makes them uncomfortable or look at their shoes and then look at them if you don’t want to talk to them.
- Change your pillowcase every day, you’ll thank me later.
- Avoid telling people about your life and past a lot, makes people get curious about you.
- Don’t feel pressured by things you see on social media, most people are just faking it, and others marketing. Kill the pressure of getting an iPhone for clout.
- Apply lipgloss on your lips before bedtime, makes your lips very soft.
Simple Self Care Tips
- Get your money right so you never have to compensate with your dignity.
- When someone does you wrong, you don’t look for closure. They exactly know what they did. Make peace with yourself and move on.
- Anytime you don’t feel like praying write a letter to God.
- Don’t share anything prematurely. People can’t destroy what they don’t know. Yes, even that close friend of yours will laugh on the inside when you fail.
- Leave whenever respect is no longer being served.
- Strive to become securely attached. Desperation only pushes people away. Love yourself, enjoy your own company, and practice an abundance mindset.
- Be kind to yourself🥰, coz no situation is permanent and every problem has an expiry date.
- If you don’t feel confident, babe just act confident it makes you 💯times more attractive. Don’t worry about looking silly, most people are actually as self-conscious, if not more.
- Wear more dresses!
- When you have too much headache and even painkillers won’t help, try drinking tamarind juice it helps in relieving it.
- Always lend what you are willing to lose. Never lend money to family. That is the start of family conflicts. Just give it out if you’re willing to and don’t just give the whole amount they asked.
- Take yourself on solo dates, complete yourself every morning, and acknowledge your achievements.
- Appreciate the women in your life and love them fiercely🌹
- Learn to love and appreciate yourself. Love your flaws and all your insecurities. Work on you to be the best version of you, you can be!
- Always manifest good and beautiful things in your life and speak highly of yourself ,you’ll be unstoppable
Other Self Care Tips
- It will always fall into place with time, that which you are stressing over, will just seamlessly fit. Relax baby girl. Also, normalize therapy, it helps💯
- Comparison is the thief of joy ♥️
- 3-month rule ♥️ It’s more like when you want to date and the person you want is still giving you the same energy after 3 months, then y’all will probably work out.
- Always be ready for change, it’s inevitable. Uncomfortable but inevitable.
- If you can, journal. Nothing feels refreshing like leaving your thoughts on a piece of paper each evening.
- I’d say being present in the current moment one is in. Life is so subtle we barely get to recognize and appreciate walking through doors we once prayed for. Makes life more meaningful ❤️
- The reason you haven’t found your tribe is because you’re not being your true authentic self. Stand unapologetically in who you are and you’ll tune into the frequency of those meant for you!
- Do not despise God or question Him when you’re troubled, some trouble prepares us for the better joy that is coming, and everything happens for a reason.
- For glass skin try baking soda just a little, you can mix it with your cleanser.
- If you can’t afford a shaving cream or going for underarm waxing, use your deodorant as a shaving cream you won’t get razor burns or skin irritation.
- Love yourself first before allowing or letting someone to love you.
- Learn how to make your hair.
- Cut them off without fear of judgment.
- You owe no one an explanation.
- Don’t look for a rich man, look for a generous one.
- Learn to say NO to anything that doesn’t align with your beliefs.
- Listen to your gut.
- Nothing can compare to peace without a man and getting to put you first and getting that degree and career & living alone to really understand you.
- Babygirl, water is your skin’s best friend.
- Nothing lasts forever but that shouldn’t scare you so live in every moment wholly and completely and most importantly to the fullest.
- It’s okay to say no, I don’t have, I can’t, etc. Being too available makes you lose yourself.
- Always have a self-improvement project going on. Essentially, learn a soft skill, or a hard one, learn how to be comfortable alone, learn how to eat right, etc. Always be self-improving.
- No hurry in life, hard to swallow, but I understood my journey.
In conclusion, self-care is crucial for women to prioritize their mental, physical, and emotional well-being. By incorporating these 207 best self care tips into your daily routine, you can create a healthier and more balanced life.
Remember, self-care is not selfish; it is an essential aspect of taking care of yourself so you can better care for others. Whether it’s practicing mindfulness, setting boundaries, or indulging in activities that bring you joy, make self-care a priority in your life.
By investing time and energy into yourself, you can lead a more fulfilling and happy life. So start implementing these tips today and watch how your overall well-being improves. Remember, you deserve to be cared for, so don’t forget to prioritize yourself.